Monday 16 November 2009
Every time someone else uses my computer the screen changes and it really pisses me off!! I know it is not their fault, but it is really annoying and no one ever sees it but me, it has taken me about five goes to get the bloody thing back to what is normal for me.

However we did have fun last night playing with the Weblog and putting stuff on it, I love my fish – don’t feed them too much with your mouse, they will get fat!

I was very disappointed yesterday, Dawn Run who sat down early in her career three times has been really good for the last two months and flying really well and showing good potential, I liked flying her and was excited at what I thought she might do. But apparently once a sitter always a sitter, and its like my car, once they let you down once you just don’t trust them again. About four days ago her weight was up and she sat down, so I dropped it a little, and flew her again, and yesterday, there was no doubt about it, all she wanted to do was sit in trees, and she did so about four times, so that is it, she is fired from the flying team, she will go into an aviary and hopefully breed at a later date, but we have a long wait as she is not even a year old damn it.

Casper – the white bird – is coming on, he still flies in a baby manner, but he looks so great in the sky, its interesting for me to fly a bird that looks like a Gyr as you can see just how well camouflaged they are against a cold grey sky, its amazing how different they look from the darker birds. Fortina is going to be brilliant if I don’t lose her, and the other three lanners are coming on, although nothing special as yet. However Gazelle who is Common’s brother is flying very well and much further away than last year, which is good to see.

It must have rained like hell last night as my small lake in the field was a positively huge one this morning. We decided not to do the foundations for the replacement aviaries as the weather forecast was bad, so we started on the replacement fence around the picnic area outside the Café and I have to say that it is going to look OK. We have used a fence that was put up while I was away and I took down again, so it is good use of materials, and once it has been finished, power washed and stained black surprise surprise, it will look very good. Angela says she is going to come in and volunteer during our closed period and she is going to plant herbs in the wall there by the café for them to use in cooking, and woe betide anyone who picks them – she has a very sharp knife!

If all goes well Simon is back tomorrow and in fact I think we have all the bird staff in on the same day, which could be a record, maybe I will have the day off………………….. or perhaps not!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers