Friday 6 November 2009


The one thing that makes me go shopping, which I loath doing, is running out of bubble bath. I am not a shower person, which is one of the reasons why the last four years have been so miserable – no bath, only showers. I like a very hot bath, with bubbles and a book, usually a paperback as I have on occasion dropped the damned thing in the bath. Of course a glass of wine as well makes it even better, but I usually have my baths in the morning, and it would seem a little decadent, not to say somewhat unappetising to have a glass of wine at 6.45am.

So having flown several birds, and had coffee time, which reminds me….. For the last two weeks I have not enjoyed the coffee in the café which is odd, because Angela and Sue and Tracy all know that I think the quality of the coffee is important and so do they. At first it was only me who thought it tasted wrong, all my staff said it was because my tongue was sore from being bitten by the Lugger!! However today I moaned even louder about it and finally everyone one except Holly agreed it was a burnt taste and left an after taste as well. Holly said it was warm and wet!! I thought it tasted less good than drinking badly burnt toast. So having looked into it, although we ordered the same stuff, we did not get it. Consequently they are taking back this and giving us the proper stuff – hooray, coffee time will be enjoyable again. Anyway I digress, after coffee I wanted to see if I could get the Range Rover to over heat, as apparently only I can do it, so needing bubble bath and a couple of other things I drove to Ross on Wye, to Morrison’s, remember I said I was not going to do Tesco’s on line!! It was heaving, which is one of the reasons I hate shopping. I got various things, except for Adam’s fly spray, I was told it was the winter now and so we would not need fly spray – tell that to the flies! I then had to post a parcel and see about drill bits, so I happened to walk past (OK I did deviate a little) an antique/second hand shop, and blow me there was an arm chair on the pavement outside, so I sat in it!! Well you would, wouldn’t you?

I have vaguely been looking for one as the dogs take up the whole sofa and I sit on the floor, which I think I am getting a little old for. This was perfect, comfortable, not too hideous, and it turned out afterwards to be a recliner as well and all for £25!! A steal, so the lady and I put it in the back of the car and I brought it home. It had to stay in the car for a while as first there were the puppies to give lunch, and then the 1.30 demonstration, and then stuff, computer work I guess, then the 3.30 demo and finally get out my new chair. Of course that meant taking the sofa out of the office, turning the carpet round, hovering, putting the carpet back, moving the sofa around, and finally putting in the chair. By this time it was dark!! So I sat in it for about a minute, and then got on with stuff, like lighting the fire, putting away the shopping, etc etc. My friends arrived at about 6.30pm and Rush has been sitting in my new chair ever since – I sat on the floor!

Still the office looks nice and tidy and clean, the dogs are happy, my guests have gone to bed and I am plucking up the courage to finish off my lecture for Sunday night!
The picture is one of Linda's great one's sadly not my owl, Mugwort our lovely wonderful tame Tawny Owl died before I got home, however the pair I have laid last year and I am hoping for a replacement for her next year.

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers