Sunday 6 December 2009

We have babies!! Three of the Indian Eagle Owl eggs have hatched which is a good start to the breeding season here, and hopefully bodes well for India as well!

I put the trailer on the Range Rover and drove it up May Hill twice, the temperature gauge did not move! The only problem is that I now don’t trust the car, which is a pain, and I also think that the problem usually occurs a while after I have been driving it and I don’t have any long drives planned. Oh well.

The owl evening went very well, a great bunch of people, and it was full and the weather was very kind to us, although it was damp, that was all it was and it could have been much worse, so all three tours went off fine, (Holly overtook Adam – no surprise there!) Adam told his group that any minute now he was going to be told off over the radio, for being too long and he predicted correctly!! Clever chap! Robin kept the groups under control during the flying demonstration, Simon did a great job on the spot lights and Angela, Anne and Linda sorted out serving people with food and drink with no delays, all in all a good night with a great team of people.

Today everyone is off, apart from Simon who fed round. I have already had three phone calls to see if we are open, but only because the sun is out on and off, and we do need this time to get things sorted out.

Acer is in disgrace for stealing things off the kitchen table, so she got walloped and tried to hide by the wellies, but it did not do her any good, I suspect she is going to get a few more before the penny drops, but generally she is quite good most of the time! Sedge was horrified and disappeared as did the older dogs who beat a retreat into the library! However they are all fine again now. Mick came over with Millie, his female Red tail who is going in with the male here. But as we are quiet today, we put her in a spare enclosure until we can watch them. Then Linda came over and we went to Labels at Ross on Wye and I did actually buy a couple of jerseys and a cardigan, now the question is will I actually like them!!

Then we drove and got a Christmas tree, the one I wanted and had got out to look at, some miserable other people grabbed, I hope it wilts on them!! But we found another one and I need to put it up off the ground because it is going in the front hall and the puppies come down at speed so I need it above them! It will be the first time since 2002 that I have got a tree and had a proper Christmas – hooray, thanks to the Chenevix-Trenches we all have a home again and our first proper Christmas in seven years, yippee!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers