Friday 8 January 2010
Angela come back soon!!!!!!!!! Angela is in charge of the café, and because we are closed for this month, she and Sue and Tracy are not here. They make the best soup (about on a par with Barbara Jones who made soup for us all in Eardisland), however right now they are not here, and we are now on soup because it is so cold. Holly brings in a tin, which is OK, but we all thought the meat in it was pretty difficult to find and someone said it might be difficult to identify as well!! I had Oxtail soup out of a tin, I have always loved Oxtail soup, however either they have changed the recipe, or I have changed, it was not nice and ended up in the dogs, but Adam took the biscuit today, he had soup but decided that there would not be enough to keep him going in potato and leek (tinned) soup, so he added ……………………… a tin of tuna!!!!!!!! Almost everyone went ……yuck!! Adam pointed out that it was nutritionally sound (but tasted bloody awful!). Even Simon raised an eyebrow (that is pretty significant for Simon!!). Needless to say Adam consumed the lot anyway, so Angela come back soon, Please!

It was bloody cold last night and I think by the feel of things it will be colder tonight. I wonder if my fish will freeze over!! Hope not! I dread to think what is going to happen when the thaw comes I KNOW we are going to have burst pipes, it has to happen, I just hope it is not on a weekend. Mozart is being up in at night, he does not really appreciate it but as he spends a lot of time on the ground I can’t risk leaving him out. Woodland Venture has had a bit of sneezing so he is on antibiotics and is in and seems much better. Apart from the Snowy Owl we are not flying anyone, and even he did not much like landing in the snow!! Must be an acquired taste!

John, Zoe and Josh managed to get in and so did some aviary cleaning and getting some more bath ledges ready. I just can’t understand why the people who were here for the four years I was away knocked the bath ledges down, it was a stupid and daft thing to do, but I guess looking at everything else, not surprising. We are slowly replacing them, but of course its never as easy as that. Barn 3, where all the falcons are, the doors have been removed and a bit of plywood screwed over the space. So we have to make new doors and get the furniture for them. Mike who was in earlier to look at the roof got the hinges, but could not get the hasp and staples, so I looked online for them. The local shop has them for £1.25 each and online they are 0.26p!!! But then you have to add on postage, which as far as I can see is where half these websites make a fortune. I ordered some stuff from the US the other day and they wanted forty bloody dollars to send it. So I had it sent to my sister (who lives in New York) who then airmailed it to me for $3.60!! Rip off I would say.

It’s the weekend tomorrow, so everyone will be back in on Monday, more snow is forecast for Sunday, I wonder!! My snowman is seriously leaning now, he looks like the leaning tower of Pizza, I don’t know how much longer he will be able to stay upright. Mike told us a story at coffe time, of a really well done snowman being stolen this week, who in their right minds would steal a damn snowman for heavens sake!!


By the way if you double click on the photos you will see a bigger image - don't steal them I will know!! And Adam says you can move the penguins around and it really annoys them! And see how my snowman is just beginning to lean here, he is much worse now! Maybe if we have more snow on Sunday I can fix him, but right now he is stuck, unless of course someone steals him, but they would need to be nuts or very strong!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers