Friday 25 June 2010
Its coming up for nine pm, Iloana and I have been tidying up the courtyard by my house, I could not move some of the pots alone, so she helped, which was great. The sun is dropping down behind the hill where Keith Allan’s wood lies and the last of the rays are lighting up motes of dust and insects and the low long beams have a golden touch to them.

The days are long, very long, and hot too, but lovely, and a little tiring. The trick is to keep going, if I stop at the end of the day that is it, everything ceases up!! However if you just keep on going, you get more done. Plus I always feel guilty if I am sitting down, even at the computer, and Nathan is mowing in the field in the evenings, or Joe is cutting logs for the winter. I can’t just settle and leave them to it, I have to go out and make sure that they are OK.

I have rounded up the dogs for the evening and I will try and find something to eat, although in this hot weather supper doesn’t really seem to matter much. When I call the dogs they mostly all appear from wherever. Sorrel and Rush are nearly always last to arrive, however the joy of Sorrel is that there is no way you can not know where she is, because she makes her presence felt in no uncertain terms!

Hard Tackle tried his best to get a thermal today and nearly managed it. Hare did find one yesterday and did some lovely flying. I have had to drop the weight of Karis (Saker) so that at least we see him occasionally! And Gazelle is trying his best to get height as well, but it does make for interesting flying demonstrations.

Robin and I did a demonstration at Newent School today, and I have to say I enjoyed it. There were probably a couple of hundred people there and they really seemed to have a good time. The birds were very good and the PA system worked well, I was impressed, which is a nice feeling about your local school

Tomorrow I have to drive up to near Daventry to give two demonstrations and we will not finished until 6.00pm. So home will be around 9.00pm, another long day.

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers