Saturday 12 February 2011
Can you flipping believe it, we are in the middle of redoing to loos, there are benches, saws, bits of wood, plumbing and heaven knows what in them and outside, there is a notice on the door stating that they are under refurbishment (as it you need telling!) and please use the loo in the café, and yesterday some moronic idiot peed in there, in a loo that is not even plumbed in!! Sometimes I despair of the public…………………… The notice on the outside is rather stronger now!!

A good friend of mine came over on Thursday and we rode both horses out, she and I used to ride every day in the 60’s and 70t’s! We would go through the woods at speed and jump all the logs, this time, we went through sedately and walked the horses round the logs!! And we used to be so brave – what happened!

The birds are well, they are appreciating the milder weather and the plants are all thinking that it is spring and buds are starting to come out, I hope we don’t have a very cold spell again or many of them will suffer.

We have our Valentines Owl Evenings this Friday and Saturday. It was fairly full on the Friday and absolutely full on the Saturday, so we are doing two next weekend as well. My staff will be doing them as I leave for India and Nepal on Sunday and will not be back until the 23rd late. It’s a manic trip of rushing around, seeing the vultures Centres, having meetings and looking at the future of the projects, no rest and tons of travelling. But I am taking my camera and hope to get some decent photos if I can.

A good friend from South Carolina happens to be coming today to stay and help out, so I am deserting him in the house and he is in charge of the dogs! I bet he leaves something out and Sorrel eats it, as long as it belongs to him and not me, that is fine, but I suspect it will end up being the TV remote. Can you believe how expensive they are to replace!! Just to make his life interesting, we have run out of gas and the boiler is not behaving!

The stables are cleaned out and Anabelle gave them a coat of paint on the inside, so I am expecting white horses, we put shavings down instead of straw as it is easier to muck out while I am away. There is enough horse and dog food to last, my emails are almost cleared, Holly is going to check them while I am away. My clothes are getting sorted out. My laptop is charged, I have various bits of paper to take and I might even be ready, all I have to do now is actually want to go!! However that is asking a lot when it is spring coming, the breeding season and I hate leaving the place anyway.

I know everyone will do a great job while I am away and I don’t keep in contact because there is no point, there is little I can do from that distance and if they don’t know how to cope, then that is my fault for not teaching them, and they do because I did!!

I am hoping there will be eggs hatching while I am away, that would be great. Today the weather is absolutely glorious, the sun is shining and it looks wonderful out there. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain damn it!! Why can’t it rain in the week instead, although having said that the chances are the weather forecast will be wrong as usual!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers