Tuesday 22 March 2011
I have had a day that has been frustrating to say the least. How many of you have tried to get hold of a firm, knowing that you are going to get an answer phone message with numerous options none of which are going to be the option that you want. You make the phone call, you are greeted by the expected answer phone and options, you struggle through them, cursing and swearing, you are informed by a voice that all the information that you require is on the website (lies!!!!) eventually after pressing several numbers and being given yet more options, you are holding the receiver in front of you screaming ‘all I want to do is speak to a human!!!!!!!!!!!’ Not surprisingly you don’t get any reply to your yell of exasperation , you are told that your conversation may be recorded for training purposes, you shout with glee – 'I hope so and I hope you are recording the fact that I want a human to talk to, not another bloody option'. Finally you get a human, the relief is amazing, you tell them what you need and they immediately put you on hold with awful music, and a voice telling you again about all the information on the website. They come back, you immediately beg them not to put you on hold, and not to hand you on to another machine with options, but to no avail, you are in the wrong department and they will tell you what options to choose. Finally in fury you give up and hang up.

Actually this time I did get through to a human eventually and did I beg – oh yes!!! I got through to another one – two humans in one phone call, a miracle!! I was trying to find out why I had not heard anything about a claim for £460 (a not insubstantial sum I have to say), for 60 keyed alike padlocks that we returned because the key was the same damn key as the ones I had bought about 20 years previously (be warned about that one!). Finally it turned out that not only had the Post Office lost my returned parcel, they had lost my claim form as well!! Classic!

As I was on a roll chasing thing up, I then tried to find out when the next Newent Town Council meeting was because I am fairly to extremely annoyed with them for not including us in the changing of the Brown Tourist Signs, which I bloody paid for – at least my one. Their website is appalling and they need to sort it out. I still have some work to do on the sign problem, but hopefully we will win on that one.

Mike Turner dropped in so I hope we are going to start on getting the two horse fields, They look awful and the job done by the farmer who had all the ménage fencing and stone was a rip off, he did not do as I asked and so I have a bottom field which is subsoil with the topsoil underneath, and it looks like it. However we will get it right and at the same time use up some of the compost and move the mound in the flying field that never gets used other than by Sedge and Sorrel for riotous games.

Holly and I spent yesterday evening doing records, trying to remember what birds came from where and what birds went where, much of which considering all the moves is not surprisingly a nightmare. I will be glad when we have got it all done.

I am really pleased with the new Guided Tour that Linda has put on our website, I have wanted to do it for ages and so I did a PowerPoint of it, and she did all the hard work and got it working. It really does give a flavour of the Centre when you visit.


Henry is slowly getting sounder and Dante is away up the road with three mares and a foal and is very cheerful at the moment, but at least not here playing with Henry and making him even lamer. The Cherry Blossom is out, spring is here!







0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers