Sunday 12 June 2011

While I remember, can anyone who is using those weird email groups, business link, que pasa and the like, please not include me. I don’t like them, they are invasive and a bloody nuisance, so if you have tried to get me to join and I have not replied it is because I don’t want to get involved with them, not because I don’t like you! If you want to talk to me – use my email which you already have, otherwise I would not have heard from you!! Don’t be offended, but know that I will and do immediately delete them. The same goes for texts, I don’t do texts or my mobile answer phone, I delete all those on the few occasions that I even turn on my mobile phone!! So be warned!

It’s been a miserable day, rain, rain and more rain, although the ground, grass and plants need it badly, I just wish it would bloody come on a Monday (not a bank holiday) and not a Sunday. I drove up to Yorkshire to a good friend’s wedding, left on Thursday as we had some work to do and drove back leaving at about 4.00 am this morning. I hit the rain just as I got onto the M5 and it literally has not stopped all day. The wedding was fine, both parties rolled up, always a good sign!! Seriously, it was lovely and the weather held, the church was wonderful and the champagne at the reception excellent. I was taken out to supper on both Friday and Sat, what a treat. I worked out as I was driving back that in fact I have only ever been to seven weddings, one in the US (they have an amazing number of do’s – wedding rehearsal, wedding dinner, wedding disco, wedding breakfast, wedding, wedding reception, I have to admit I did not enjoy it but then I did not go with a particularly pleasant or attentive person, and I had to change three times!) and five over here, two in the sixties, three in the 80’s (one of which was mine!) and one yesterday. There were a number of children at this wedding………………………I have decided that no children are allowed to come to my funeral, only friends and a lot of Labradors!

We had to fly the birds indoors today, some of them really are very good considering that the indoor hawk walk is not huge, but I wish we had the building that I put up at Eardisland, it was designed for an indoor flying arena and it was stunning and would have been great here. My cousin came down with baby Tawny Owl number six, which will be fostered and then released later in the year. My baby Great Grey Owl has grown and will need to start to come into the house tomorrow, he is particularly noisy. I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done but with being away it has slipped back a little. So Monday – nose to the grind stone!

I just heard on the news that various students are up in arms because one of them got arrested for downloading an al qaeda manual. Well I for one am delighted that people are vigilant enough to see that as a possible threat and if the student, who presumably is an intelligent person did not warn the University he was going to do it for his research, then he is pretty short sighted.

We had a photography day today, three people cancelled because of the rain, two came, and I think they had a great time. We were able to do a little outside, but mostly we had birds inside and Linda got them taking some lovely stuff, and the close ups were to die for. So just because it rains, don’t think you won’t get good stuff here – you will! We are very adaptable!

This picture we took on the trip to the Bath and West!!


0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers