Wednesday 31 August 2011



It only took us 22 man hours to get all the paths back to scratch after the rain last week. We had nearly an inch in half an hour, and I think most of it went down my neck. Not sure the weighing room floor is going to survive long term, the wooden bit is not looking happy after a torrent of water went through it for about an hour and a half. Still it should not happen again as we have now built a barrier that will stop almost anything (I hope!)

Iloana and Joan arrived last week and Iloana is doing sterling work in the gardens, we planted up the area that Sally completely cleared and watered it, just before the downpour!!

Charlie is here and we are getting ready for the event, which is exciting, or it would be if I did not have an awful cold and cough – I am

planning on having pneumonia by Saturday!!

The man doing the dog demonstration for the event is now not coming, however Howard Kirby has stepped into the breech, he can’t do the Saturday but will be here for the Sunday, I am looking forward to meeting such a helpful chap, and I have promised to put my lot in for the demonstration.

A number of people seem to want to bring dogs and birds to the event. Just look at it this way chaps, if you were visiting the Centre, which to all intents and purposes you are, you would not bring livestock, so sadly the same applies for this event.

Charlie and I have marked out all the stands and marquees, Mike has opened up the parking field, which looks great. Sally and I have picked up horse poo from the stall holders camping areas ( nice of us hey chaps!) and the beer and wine has been ordered. The place looks great and the volunteers have been stunningly wonderful to help us. I appreciate it a great deal guys. The weather looks set to be fair, come on over!!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers