Wednesday 8 February 2012
There are times when I wish I could look out of the window, or be walking the dogs, or just doing stuff, and it is snowing or raining, both of which are sometimes great to see, and not endlessly worry that it will affect visitor numbers. The snow is forecast again, and much as I enjoy snow, I wish the months had been reversed and we had had all this winter weather last month when we were closed!! Snow is fun in the winter, but not when visitor numbers are crucial. If I knew that the birds were warm, the dogs were comfortable, the house bearable, and the finances not something to constantly be aware of, it would be so much fun just to enjoy what happens out there in the environment. Oh to win the lottery!!

I just watched the news and when I watch politicians answering questions I feel that actually their only real talent is to completely avoid the question and never admit culpability. It pisses me off that the Opposition, in this case the Labour Government, constantly moans and bitches about the financial cuts without ever accepting that they were the cause for running the country into the ground in the first place. Britain, amazingly, appears to be still reasonable OK in terms of our credit worldwide, particularly in comparison to most of the countries on the Continent, and it is mainly because we are actually facing up to our debts and our existing government is trying to mitigate them.

However my major beef today is the bloody Royal Mail, who do not deserve the title Royal as they are not living up to that honourable title. Jan posted our signed accounts into the main Newent post office the Monday before last. Now bearing in mind that one’s end of year accounts are relatively important and I don’t want to get fined, it was with horror that we learnt today that NINE days later they had not arrived in Hay on Wye, which incidentally you could have walked to probably nine times in that time frame. So being the sort of person I am, I thought I will just give the Post Office a ring and mention that considering they have just put the cost of post up, is it not time they actually gave a reasonable service. OK, admittedly I might not have put it quite like that, however I did not get the chance anyway. Why, because you can’t get through to a human being if you ring to complain, you get a constant barrage of menu items that you can press 1,2, 3, or whathaveyou, the first being, go to our website where there is plenty of information (none of which is relevant or of any use) and you yell down the phone – where the bloody hell do you think I got the damn phone number in the first place – sadly the phone does not reply, I am not convinced that they actually employ any human beings anyway, I think it is all a huge con and there are just hundreds of different messages all directing you somewhere else until you hang up in fury and just manage to stop yourself from throwing the phone through the window as you scream ALL I want to do is speak to a HUMAN!

Ah well…………………… The new puppy is called Leaf, and she is charming, come and meet her. Its half term next week, so hopefully we will be seriously busy. The hedge laying in the lower part of the wood is looking amazing, but take care if you walk in there as we have not finished clearing yet, lovely for country photos though! Richard is cutting the hedge/wood(!) between us and our neighbours and John and Matt have been clearing for two days, with help from Adam today. It is going to make a difference and open up the flying field which is the aim. Mark has finished the extension to the upper lawn in the Hawk Walk and now I have been ‘encouraged’! by my staff to do the lower one!!

We went to the Spring Fair yesterday – exhausting!! But I think we have found some really nice stuff for the shop this year, now we have the fun of waiting for it to arrive and the less fun of paying for it! The cold persists, the birds are flying well, my staff are as amazing as ever, Angela is going to do oven chips in the café and they are rather good, we have of course been testing them. Come and say hello everyone. Oh and I hope you are all enjoying Mozart’s Story.

Thought some of you might like this! 
The Dog's Diary:
8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favourite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favourite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favourite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!
 ------------------------------------------
The Cat's Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Jerks!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.


0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers