Tuesday 20 March 2012
The field looks glorious, the wild daffodils are out, Nathan has been mowing and the smell of new mown grass is intoxicating. The wood is looking good, we are raking it all so I can sow some wild flower seeds, and I have done a grave stone for Aster, am half way through one for Ruby and have Nettle Arabis and Lupin still to do, but I am getting better as I do them and Richard has lent me some lovely stone carving tools.

Delectable is starting to fly well and is coming out into the field now, Pinotage is back out and her first flight was just stunning!! Fortina is really coming on and getting height and giving us a lovely stoop, I think she will be very good once the weather warms up properly. Anabelle’s Buzzard is now flying free, I can’t remember how to spell its name though!! Greaves (Kestrel) has been doing some lovely hovering and the new White-tailed Sea-eagle is planned to fly loose on Sunday weather permitting.

The puppies are growing apace, they have now been micro chipped and vaccinated, and Shasta managed to get her head stuck in a Pedigree Chum tin today!! And then got stuck under the fence in the hawkwalk, it has not been her day. But they both have been particularly unhelpful in the wood clearing, it is very difficult to rake leaves, sticks and brambles with puppies trying to kill the rake. John has been helping and told me yesterday that Shasta had both front feet in the pond, well by the time I got to her there was no part of her that was not wet. Leaf is more careful, although very adventurous.

I have a new horse, and he is just wonderful, he is an eventer/dressage horse, called Light Art, both Sally and I have ridden him out hacking and he is good as gold and very good looking. Mollie has gone to a really nice girl called Anna and we hope she does well. Art is a bright bay, 11 years old, 15.3 and a really nice chap. Jules is planning for me to do my first dressage competition by July!! Help!

The new ceiling in the Education Room is going up, it is all being redone and will become the IZone!! It is going to look great I think, Robin and Mark are working very hard on it.

Adam and Ben (volunteer) went up to North Yorkshire last week to help Charlie with getting concrete footings in for new aviaries at our Duncombe branch. It is coming on, and they came home exhausted!! Talking of which I am exhausted, I decided that it was impossible to go riding during the day as we have so much to do, so I have started going at 7.00am, which means an early start feeding dogs and taking them round the field before going out on Art, but it was a lovely morning this morning and well worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading these blogs. It's great to hear that Fortina is flying well, as I started sponsoring her this week.

midn said...

Want to shop this pair of Replica Jimmy Choo shoes for yourself? Here’s where you can get Replica Jimmy Choo men casual shoes for the lowest base price

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers