Sunday 6 May 2012
I have to say that I am not impressed with the people who make adverts, we have some of the best in the world in the UK, but for example, the new Pringle advert where they blow up food to show how exciting the taste is, is nothing short of disgraceful. There are millions of people needing food and these idiots blow up food to advertise a produce that will add to the even fatter people in the UK, it’s just not right. I feel the same about the Cocoa Cola advert around Christmas time where obviously cutting down on using electricity does not feature with all the lights that they use!! Advert people you need to get seriously greener.

Its been a lovely day today, cold, but a fair bit of sunshine, and what a difference that makes. All the birds flew really well, John’s White-tailed Sea-eagle was excellent, although I have discovered that I really need a video camera with an eye piece as you can’t follow a flying bird by using the screen of a camera. I hope they still do them, not that I could buy one right now anyway! The two baby owls did brilliantly, the falcons were first class and the kites to die for, as was Hare.

All the staff were more cheerful  -  it has been a miserable time lately I have to say. We got three flower beds weeded and some of the new plants in, which was great, only another seven to go!!!! Nathan and his son have been working on the grass, Mark and Holly have been doing paths, and John and Matt were painting aviaries so they look a bit smarter. The café was reasonably busy and Jan was more upbeat with nice visitors. I would say long may it last, but the forecast for tomorrow is pretty dire.

The oldest Tawny Eagle chick is fledged and looking wonderful, I hope to start training it in July, when it will be well mature. The five baby Lanners are back with parents and the other chicks are doing fine. We have three wild baby Tawny Owls in, and probably more to come I suspect.

Not only was Badminton Horse Trials cancelled, but many other shows including the Falconers Fair, so instead of having to drive to Althorpe, we were home today, and I have to say it was a bit of a relief. It’s hard to get the birds ready for really good demonstrations this early in the season. It is now going to be mid-July, so we should have the birds really going well by them.

The website stuff is going really well, and I hope will be finished and up by the end of next week if all goes well, there will be stuff to add over time, but the basics will be up and running which will be a relief I have to say. Changing websites is very stressful! Now I know how Linda feels, but Adam has been a tower of strength.

2 comments:

Ukfalc said...

The 3 flying displays on Sunday were absolutely fantastic.

I loved the baby owls as well. The tiny baby burrowing own was gorgeous - so tiny and delicate.

Angie said...

I feel the same, especially about the pringles advert – with you all the way. x

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers