Saturday 7 July 2012

It has not been a great week, I have to say, the weather has been great on one day and crap for most of the rest of them. Yesterday was very wet, although we have been very lucky in comparison to others, at least any flooding here is usually containable. Mine you if I had a house that was liable to flooding I think I would change the design of the inside and get rid of all carpets, have waterproof floors and rugs and electrics up high, particularly if I had flooded more than once.



On Tuesday I had a delicious colonoscopy, the day before was dire as usual but the colonoscopy was also not much fun. I looked at the notes afterwards and on the discomfort note it said mild!!!! Not from where I was feeling it is was not, it was a close call that they did not have to scrape me off the ceiling and the pain killer was particularly ineffective!!! I needed much more!



But Wednesday was the worst day, the weather was ironically a nice day, but Mozart had to be put down and that was like a cloud of doom for most of the week after I had taken the decision.



Thursday the weather was lovely, first thing I dug the grave for Mozart and everyone helped. The dogs tried to help, but as usual were rather more of a hindrance, Leaf did not help by getting into the grave while we will trying to fill it in! We put him at the very end of the lower middle lawn as close to his aviary as possible, the other lawn would actually have been where he had lived when tethered all those years ago, but we thought he would prefer to be by his aviary. Interestingly as we dug we hit sand which means we were digging where the original compartments for the falcons were before we enlarged the Hawk Walk. He has a stone over his grave and it will be carved with his name when we have a dry enough period to do it.



On a better note the Lesser Kestrel is now charming and not trying to foot everyone who puts a hand near, she is wearing jesses and will soon be old enough to live outside during the day on a perch. Holly has the young Grey Buzzard Eagle out – she is feeding on the perch already and I guess Holly will start picking her up next week, it will exciting as we have never trained a completely new juvenile one of this species. Come to think of it I have never trained a Lesser Kestrel chick either!



The new website for The Falconry Weekend is complete and up – www.thefalconryweekend.com will get you there and I think it all works well, I really like Joomla it is fun to use and relatively easy and you don’t have to worry about all that awful html stuff!!!



My washing machine has recovered slightly, but I suspect is probably going to die again in the not too distant future, probably at a vital time.



Other than that it is the weekend, the weather is holding just about and I am praying the jet stream will move very soon!!


0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers