Saturday 15 September 2012

A friend sent me this - kites galore!
There are times when I get very tired of people asking for concessions, can we get in cheaper, can we have a discount, do I have to pay if I am disabled, a student, a green goblin and so on. It would be so nice if for a change some people did not constantly want something for nothing. It has been a difficult few days, a whole ton of things nearly went wrong on Sunday, a meeting on Monday that should have been at 11.00am was put at 2.00pm and half of us knew and half did not and to cape it all I managed to miss my dentist appointment, which I thought was 2.45pm, and having just rearranged the whole 2.00pm flying demonstration, I discovered it was 10.40 and I missed it. So I am feeling decidedly grumpy and if I get another phone call about bloody advertising I may just scream!


On second thoughts the green goblin might get a discount but only if he or she can do magic!
 

The next few months are so hectic it is not true, I have three trips abroad – two vulture ones and one conference in Spain, Holly is going to Costa Rica with Ben for a monitoring trip, we have courses, new birds to train, none of the birds have gone to Duncombe yet so we are really stretched and I am looking forward to December!!
 

However all the young birds are coming on now, the weather has been and is today quite glorious again, reminding me how much I love the Autumn.
 

Interesting to see that the press surrounding our Royal Family are as pleasant and human as ever, I have to say that I do consider them to be the scum of the earth with their panting tongues and long lenses desperate to get a picture that they think might put our Royals in the limelight for something that is mostly totally private. As I am of the school that consider they killed Princess Diana, I have never liked them, but it seems that their appalling behaviour continues unabated, regardless. Even the BBC report ended today by saying ‘our future queen topless’ which I thought was purposefully done, when he could have said ‘a young woman privately sunbathing like millions of other young women – shame on you man. Although I suspect that paparazzi don’t understand the word shame. As for the Editors, they should have slightly more morals and brain, but again, they show their true colours.
 

Anabelle is back from Mauritius, and so she can take over her birds again, which is nice, they are both going very well, particularly the Kite, and they will be going up to Duncombe when all is ready. Adam Jon and Tash were up there this week getting big perches in the aviaries. I will go up when I get back from India with Simon, Mike and I are going up to get on with the landscaping, at least he will landscape with a machine and I will help! Sally and I were thinking of going on a two day riding trip, but I just can’t fit it in this year, which is sort of a shame. But my riding is improving which is very nice. We have changed the shape of Art’s field back to how it was when I left, there is almost nothing now that I have not returned to how it should be, which is a nice feeling. Although very soon I am going to have to start to do some work on the windows in the house as they are looking a little sad.

 
Amazingly we see Owl Evenings looming up, I can’t believe how quickly the time goes these days. And Hemp has not even finished moulting. Still my Sparrowhawk is improving by the day!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers