Saturday 10 November 2012
We have just finished our second Owl Evening, it was crisp and cold, no moon but plenty of stars, the birds all did really well and the whole thing was seemlessly good!! The new indoor flying area is stunning with the low level lighting, I am so pleased with it, far better than the old Education room. I have just checked round, given Art some more hay, given the dogs a run and am eating really cheap microwaved fish fingers  - and yes, you can tell they are cheap! Shame I bought two packets really!
 
The duncombe finishing team are off at 5.00am tomorrow morning, will I wave them goodbye, probably not!! Although I might, you never know. Hummmmmmm the last two fish fingers are still cold - yuck! I have a riding lesson first thing and then its girls day at the Centre, Holly, Anabelle and I! We have a half day, but thank goodness the photo day is postponed, otherwise we would be a bit tight for staff.
 
I have finally started a very late newsletter, and realised that there is a ton of stuff to go in to catch up. Still it will be good to get back into getting new stuff up on the website, I have been lax putting stuff up, but then I really have been away such a lot it is not surprising.
 
I missed having Mozart there on the Owl Evening, Hemp has taken his aviary, and loves it, but although she is wonderful, it is not quite the same.
 
The boxes to move all the birds are nearly ready, everyone has been getting the boxes that I used to move to and back from the US down from storage and ready to go up to Helmsley, they have proved very useful and I sell the occasional one if a zoo needs to move birds as they are good boxes and have passed the test of time. I might even get my money back on them eventually, although I doubt it!! We are taking two trailers full and one van, so it will be an interesting trip.

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers