Wednesday 6 March 2013
Good God, no wonder I get nothing done these days, I am sending about 35 emails per day, sometimes I really hate email, there is no way I ever had to write 35 letters every day! It’s ridiculous!! I have been trying to get onto a website to look at vans they have for sale. Manheim have auctions near Gloucester every week, however their website is dreadful and to get onto the site and see the vehicles is apparently impossible, I have tried about four times and have now given up. For God’s sake you idiots if you want to sell cars let people onto your site – how stupid can you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
And that should not happen on your birthday either!!!!
 
We had the most glorious day yesterday, sunny, warm, just perfect, today is a little bit of a letdown, but at least it did not rain worth talking about. As long as it stays dry I am going to be happy. We all just need dry weather for the ground to recover.
 
We, well actually I, have been building nests, I have to say they are rather good. I have been worried about using Leylandii for some time, its horrid stuff, and we had some problems with a chick earlier on, which I am glad to say is fine now. So I decided that we would go back to building nests for all the birds that need them. We put one in with Athena and she laid in it two days later!!! With a nest you know the egg is safe and can’t roll around and so the risk of them breaking is less. I have two big ones and three smaller ones to do, its amazing how many twigs it takes to make them. You also really realise just how amazing birds are, I have two hands, sticks brought to me by the staff, and two pairs of cutters, they have a beak!!!
 
 
I had a lovely birthday breakfast, bagels and cream cheese and smoked salmon at coffee time – far better than a cake!! I did give myself a break from the nest building and I am not exactly sure what I achieved today, but I am sure I managed something!! I rarely do nothing.
 
 
My sister Anna gave me some more, plants tokens so with those and the Christmas ones I am going to go on a shopping frenzy!!! For plants soon, I love buying plants, it’s so much fun, although planting them is fractionally less fun! But the end results are great. I had planned to go today, but failed dismally.
 
I can nearly run again, well trot slowly might be a better description and not for long, but I will get there, not planning a marathon, but running is something I like to do if I can. If only I could get my socks on more easily life would be less of a stretch!!
 
 
The daffs are on their way up again, and I expect to see a yellow head or two soon, which will be so nice, I am fed up with cold now, I want to have spring!!
 
Have just been out to supper, I drove my little van, but I have to say that having looked on ebay, I really really want to get an old morris shooting brake!!! There is one at a reasonably price and I am sooooooooooo tempted !!! They are just such simple cars, and with so little to go wrong. The trouble with new cars is that they are so complicated that they cost a fortune to fix. The old ones are really cool, and there is no tax either!!! Oh well, I guess I had better be circumspect – damn it!!
 
Hemp now has three eggs and we have the only Savigny's egg hatching as I write, that will be very good as my best owl was a Savigny's called Papyrus, who was wonderful. I hope this is a male!!
 
 

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers