Monday 3 March 2014
There is a remote possibility that I might not be the most patient person in the world, I really do not appreciate waiting. For example I loath poor service in restaurants,  and have been known to walk out after ordering, but before the meal because I don't like to wait too long.
 
All this stuff with Sedge is a waiting game and I understand all the reasons why, but that does not make it any easier, particularly as there is nothing I can do for him but wait. Not pleasant.
 
Esteban Gonzalez-Gasch is the vet who operated
Little does he know he will have to have hydrotherapy if he
 gets better and he does not really like water!
on and treated Sedge, he phoned this morning and there is still no deep pain sensation, but he thought there might be a tiny response in his leg, nothing that was discernible, but just a tiny hope. And we are hanging on to that hope. Sedge is now having his meds aurally, and although he still has a catheter, he is eating and doing OK. Its only just over 48 hours since the operation and so it is very early days, we are aiming at two weeks before he has no chance, but he will manage before that we are sure.
 
I finally plucked up the courage to phone the NFU to make sure he was insured, and thank God he is, only to the tune of £2000 but that is a huge relief and I hope to sleep a little better tonight. But the more amazing thing is the comments, and donations that people have made, over £1200 now in the kitty for him, I told the vet and he was staggered. I was very tactful and did not say, now you have to make it work!!
 
Many people have phoned or emailed to offer help and encouragement, which is just wonderful and makes this difficult time more easy to bear because we know that so many people care. I suspect if he does pull through he will be very spoilt!!
 
It was a nice day and then a nasty one and then a nice one, cold though. The birds all flew well and I managed to get Mark's merlin Megstone done as well as my Hobby Killigray. They both flew very well and Tai Pan (Barbary Falcon) was excellent and Kallyke was just amazing. 
 
The top section of the wood is now pretty clear, although getting the wood out has not improved the state of the field. It is lovely to be able to see through the wood to the fields beyond. I long for the late spring when the leaves are out. The baby vulture is doing well and I am pleased to say so are the ones that we returned to parents in India, which is very satisfying.
 
The wild daffodils are starting to show, spring is thinking about coming although today it was pretty damn cold here.
 
Thank you all for helping with Sedge, I will keep up the information I promise.
 
jpj 

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers