Tuesday 24 June 2014
Well the weather has been glorious for days now, its just so nice to have warm dry days. The birds have been flying brilliantly, and the falcons just love it. Karis has been pulling the most amazing stoops out of the bag.
 
All the baby owls are doing very well except for Storm who sadly is going to have to leave us as she seriously wants to kill the smaller dogs, which I cannot have. She needs to go to a dog free zone. Muggy is doing really well, he is an Abyssinian Eagle Owl, Haze the new Barn Owl, is coming along, the Northern Hawk Owl who does not yet have a name is going to be excellent, Drizzle the Asian Brown Wood Owl looks like being a girl and is getting the idea now. Team Cloud - the SIX burrowing owls are getting the idea. And the Snowy Owls have started to hatch so Mark and I will be training one each of those.
 
We have moved Delectable and she is much happier in her new aviary, also the Lappet faced Vulture is now in the old Secretary Bird aviary and is much more settled. The young Lanners are mostly full grown and we  are going to move them away from parents soon so we can start training them after a couple of weeks on their own.
 
I am off to hospital tomorrow for a cataract operation, they are doing my left eye first and then the other one I hope. Everyone tells me it is a breeze and makes a huge difference - I bloody hope so!!
 
The puppies are growing like mad and all bar two have been sold, I have two beautiful dog pups left. All are going this weekend, and then I hope to be able to focus on the two I am keeping, a huge boy called Agapanthus and the girl is called Night Shade (Deadly not Woody!).
 
The Incubation Facility is coming along although we are short of funds for it now. The workshop is at a standstill until the Incubation Facility is finished, but that should not take long I hope once we start on it. The grounds are looking wonderful thanks to Rob's hard work. We are looking for a new staff member and I already have 36 CV's to go through.
 
Our baby Brahminy Kite is growing apace and is wonderful, it sounds exactly like its parents, Holly is going to have her hands full with that one. My baby Tawny Eagle is still with us, but I dare not give her a name yet.
 
Fingers crossed for tomorrow............

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers